The Care Quality Commission (CQC) regulates all health and adult social care services in England, including those provided by the NHS, local authorities, private companies or voluntary organisation. It also protects the interests of people detained under the Mental Health Act.
The CQC makes sure that essential standards of quality and safety are being met where care is provided, from hospitals to private care homes and GP surgeries. It has a wide range of enforcement powers to take action on behalf of people who use services, if services are unacceptably poor.
The CQC’s aim is to make sure better care is provided for everyone, whether that’s in hospital, in care homes, in people’s own homes or elsewhere. Read more about CQCs vision and values
Under the Health and Social Care Act 2008 every registered provider must have a Statement of Purpose.
This is a Statement of Purpose for the Brook Health Centre and Silverstone Surgery which sets out the following information:
- The full name of the service provider and of any registered manager together with their business address, telephone number, and where available electronic mail addresses
- The legal status of the service provider
- Details of the locations at which the services provided for the purposes of the regulated activity carried on
- Our aims and objectives in carrying on the regulated activity;
- The kinds of services provided for the purpose of carrying on of the regulated activity
- The range of service users’ needs which those services are intended to meet.
Brook Health Centre is a General Practice open to all patients living within our Practice boundary. We work in partnership with our patients and our Patient Participation Group to provide the best medical care for our patients.
We are a Personal Medical Services (PMS) Practice offering Primary care services for the diagnosis and prevention of disease. We help patients to manage their health and prevent illness. Our Clinicians diagnose, treat and manage illness. They carry out screening for some diseases and promote general health and wellbeing. Our Clinicians act as a patient’s advocate, supporting and representing a patient’s best interests to ensure they receive the best and most appropriate health and/or social care. Our Clinicians also provide the link to further health services and work closely with other healthcare colleagues. They may also arrange hospital admissions and referrals to other services and specialists and they link with secondary and community services about patient care, taking advice and sharing information where needed. They also collect and record important information from other healthcare professionals involved in the treatment of our patients.
The Practice main address is:
The Brook Health Centre, Swinneyford Road, Towcester, Northants NN12 6HD
The Practice branch address is:
Silverstone Surgery, Whittlebury Road, Silverstone Northants NN12 8UN
Our Mission Statement
To address the health needs and concerns of our patients, their families and carers’ in a safe, empathetic, effective and accessible environment.
To work in partnership with our patients and staff to provide the best Primary Care services possible working within local and national governance, guidance and regulations.
Our Aims and Objectives
- To provide high quality, safe, professional Primary Health Care General Practice services to our patients
- To focus on prevention of disease by promoting health and wellbeing and offering care and advice to our patients
- To work in partnership with our patients, their families and carers’ towards a positive experience and understanding, involving them in decision making about their treatment and care.
- To be a learning organisation that continually improves what we are able to offer patients.
- To treat patients as individuals and with the same respect we would want for ourselves or a member or our families, listening and supporting people to express their needs and wants and enabling people to maintain the maximum possible level of independence, choice and control
- To work in partnership with other agencies to tackle the causes of, as well as provide the treatment for ill health and where appropriate involve other professionals in the care of our patients.
- To encourage our patients to communicate with us by joining our Patient Group, talking to us, participating in surveys, and feeding back and on the services that we offer
- To ensure all staff have the competency and motivation to deliver the required standards of care ensuring that all members of the team have the right skills and training to carry out their duties competently
- To take care of our staff offering them support to do their jobs and to protect them against abuse
- Have a zero tolerance of all forms of abuse.
- To provide our patients and staff with an environment which is safe and friendly
- To operate on a financially sound basis.
The PMS services provided by our Clinicians are defined under the Standard Personal Medical Services Contract. These services are mainly split into three groups:
We provide essential services for people who have health conditions from which they are expected to recover, chronic disease management and general management of terminally ill patients.
Our core services include:
- GP and Nurse consultations both routine and urgent
- Chronic Disease Management
Our additional services include:
- Cervical cytology screening
- 12 hour BP
- PSA monitoring
- Ring pessary changes
- Assessment of travel needs and vaccinations
- Ear Syringing
- Dressings and suture removal
- Medication Reviews
- Acupuncture for MSK
Our enhanced services include:
- Childhood vaccinations and immunisations
- Long acting reversible Contraceptive fitting (IUD)
- Prostate Cancer Injection Therapy
- Extended minor surgery
- Flu pneumococcal and Meningitis immunisation
- Minor injury service
- Minor Surgery
- Stop smoking service
- Whooping cough vaccinations
- Shingles vaccinations
- NHS Health checks
- Avoiding Unplanned Admissions
- Childhood Influenza vaccinations
- Extended hours
- Diagnosing and supporting patients with Dementia
- D Dimer
Our Practice also provides services which are non NHS and are paid for by the patient. These services include:
- Insurance claims forms
- Non NHS vaccinations
- Prescription for taking medication abroad
- Private sick notes
- Pre-employment and HGV medicals
- Vaccination certificates
Click here to download our certificate of registration (PDF, 34KB)
Click here to download our statement of purpose